Celebrate a Grand Valley summer and the bountiful peach harvest with these decadent lavender peach cobbler bars!
Lavender Peach Cobbler Bars
Crust & Topping
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground lavender buds
- 1 tsp. ground Saigon cinnamon
- 10 Tbsp. salted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. lavender buds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and chopped (about 1.5 cups) or more
Vanilla glaze (optional)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp. heavy cream (or milk or buttermilk)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees convection)
- Line 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil with enough overhang on the sides for easy removal. Spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Make crust/topping in large bowl, whisking flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and lavender together until combined. Cut in cold butter using pastry blender until it reaches coarse, pea-sized crumbs. Remove 3/4 of mixture, put in small bowl and mix with pecans. This will be set aside for the topping.
- Evenly press remaining oat mixture into bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes while preparing filling.
- Whisk egg and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add flour, salt and lavender buds. Whisk until combined. Fold in peaches, remove crust from oven after 15 minutes and pour filling over hot crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat/pecan mixture.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to refrigerator and allow to chill for 2 hours before cutting into squares.
- Make vanilla glaze (optional) by whisking confectioners' sugar, cream or milk and vanilla bean paste together until smooth. Drizzle over each square.
Belli Fiori Lavender http://bellifiorilavender.com/
Leave a Reply